23 Mar Former Historic Bus Station Transformed to a Cool New Art and Music Space
Following a letting to Champion Up North the Old Red Bus Station on Vicar Lane has become a new multi-purpose venue for art, music, food and drink.
The building left derelict for many years is steeped in history. It opened in the 1930’s and was an important transport hub for decades until it finally closed in 1994.
It’s also home to the North Bar Stone – a post-Medieval carved stone marking one of the north entrances to the city.
Champion Up North have taken over the venue in the city’s Northern Quarter on a five-year lease.
The venue, over ground and first floors floors, opened its doors at the end of February.
It is intended that the upstairs space will host exhibitions, music and creative courses. At night, it will transform into a club that will stay open until the early hours.
RA Real Estate acted on behalf of the owners Hammerson (Leeds Investments) Ltd.